Country Club District – The one and only subdivision ever developed by John T. Woodruff. Mr. Woodruff of Route 66 Fame acquired the land 1911 and marketing of sub-division began in earnest in 1912. Mr. Woodruff built two homes in the development. One large English stone home on Glenstone that later became KWTO studios. And another at Catalpa and Kentwood designed by Gustav Stickley. The sub-division was a huge success as it mimics some of the nicer sub-divisions of St. Louis and Kansas City. Some of Springfield’s most beautiful homes resided in this sub-division. And it is still one of the most sought after places to live in the area.